Friday, August 15, 2008

Thank you Rainbow Resource!

So, the game below arrived with a dented box. Ever had a stack of games get too heavy and the bottom box just warps. That is how our Super Deluxe Scrabble arrived. This is a game that retails over $50. Rainbow Resource sells it for $42.50. It came pre-dented because they put all those heavy books on top and sent it on its way.

I called them to express my disappointment because well...I like to dent my own game boxes thank you very much. Plus, this wasn't the first time it had happened. A couple of years ago I ordered a bunch for Christmas and the Blokus box came dented the same way for the same reason.

Today they immediately offered to send a call tag for my game and send a new one on its way. I told her I'd think on it. After all, we'd waited all summer to make this order. I wasn't too keen on waiting longer especially when this was their error.

Later in the afternoon I called back. When I told the same story and seem unsatisfied with the option they gave me, the service rep wanted to know what I wanted. I told her I wanted credit on my account or something to make the dent less painful. She put me on hold while searching out a supervisor who could approve such things. When she came back on she told me the service rep who had helped me the first time had some information for me and would call me back.

She did so a few minutes later and proceeded to tell me that they were prepared to send me a new game at a discounted price of 25% off. They are still sending out the call tag and I still have to wait, but the game will now cost me $31.00 and I get one free of dents. Well that is the plan anyway. Also, the packaging department will be receiving the message that games really don't go on the bottom- even if they are the biggest box.

Thanks for doing the right thing Rainbow Resource! I will remain a loyal customer.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Glad it's working out for you!